What is ENMT?
ENMT (Electro Neuro Muscular Therapy) is a system comprised of proprietary technology and protocols that uses a patented bio-electrical current simultaneously with active range-of-motion and other exercise techniques to significantly speed up the body’s natural recuperative ability.
How does it work?
All injuries are caused by the body’s inability to absorb force. When athletes become fatigued, their muscles shorten, limiting their ability to absorb force. ENMT technology keeps muscles relaxed and, therefore, able to absorb much more force. Using ENMT to warm up before practices and games will increase the ability to absorb force and therefore prevent injury, and using it after practices and games will instantly recover athletes, leaving them feeling fresh without soreness or pain.
Who uses ENMT?
We work on everyone, regardless of age or occupation. We specialize in accelerating recovery from all muscle injuries, preventing surgery, and post-surgical rehabilitation. In some cases, we can also treat muscle related spinal cord injuries.
A few names you might recognize
- Hockey Tim Thomas, Bret Hedican, Jonathan Toews
- Football Dwight Freeney, Santana Moss, Larry Fitzgerald
- Golf PGA Arron Oberholzer, Peter Jacobsen
- Basketball Shaquille O’Neal, Kevin Garnett
- Baseball LaTroy Hawkins, Torii Hunter, Eric Chavez
- Soccer Mario Santan, Alessandro Del Piero
- Tennis Bethanie Mattek, Novak Djokovic, Mike Bryan, Bob Bryan
- Cycling Leah Prudomme
Who should NOT use ENMT?
Treatment with the ENMT is contraindicated in those patients with: Implanted electrical devices (ex. pacemakers). Pregnancy. History of blood clots.
What conditions can the ENMT System help with:
Anyone in chronic pain. Anyone with arthritis. Anyone who has been told they are bone-on-bone and need joint replacement surgery. Anyone who has had joint replacement surgery and is still not back to activity without pain. Anyone who has had ANY surgery and is still not back to activity without pain. Anyone who has had a stroke. Anyone who has MS (Multiple Sclerosis). Anyone who has had a spinal cord injury. Anyone who has a neurological disease. Anyone who has been told they need spinal fusion surgery. Anyone who has a limited range of motion. Anyone who has an ACL-MCL-PCL-LCL-Meniscus tear. Anyone who has a concussion. Anyone who has been told they need surgery.
I’m not a professional athlete. Will the ENMT System work for me?
Waking up in the morning with stiff muscles can be eliminated by one minute on an ENMT System tool to relax those muscles.
- If you work on your feet the ENMT System will help you evacuate the extra blood pooled in your lower extremities.
- If you have a difficult time sleeping, the ENMT System will relax you so you will sleep soundly.
- The ENMT System will eliminate most headaches in a few minutes.
- If you do Pilates, Yoga, or Tai Chi the ENMT System will allow you to get into positions you have never been able to get into. If you or anyone in the family is not flexible the ENMT System can have you loose and very flexible in minutes.
- The ENMT System will help you move freely and without pain, helping to improve your quality of life.
Should I use ENMT System instead of surgery?
For a range of conditions, the ENMT System may be more beneficial to you – and require less downtime – than surgery. However, the ENMT System may also be used to accelerate post-surgical muscle rehabilitation of the following: Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hip, Knee, Ankle, Foot, Cervical and Lumbar spine.
What should I expect when I come in for a ENMT System treatment?
Your ENMT system sessions can be hard work and will require you to move, so wear gym clothes. Because we use ENMT technology to find the origin of injury, we are going to be searching your body for hot spots. When the ENMT is on one of these spots, it has found the electrical disruption that is the root of your problem. This process can in some cases be intense or painful, and we will ask you to rate the amount of pain that you feel so that we know where in the body the real problem is. Because the ENMT sessions can be demanding, we will also ask that you take measures to make sure your body recovers properly. Typically, this means making sure you get a good night’s sleep, eating healthy meals with adequate protein, and avoiding/limiting alcohol consumption. Depending on your situation, we may ask you to increase your protein consumption during treatments.