ORTHOPEDIC IMMEDIATE CARE
- Traditional Urgent Care Clinic Hours
- No Wait Times, No Appointments and No Referrals Needed
- X-Rays and Imaging Services Available On Site
- No More Having to Endure Multiple Visits
- Patients Leave Fully Treated in Under an Hour
- Treated by On Site Orthopedic Clinician
- Efficient, Cost-Effective, and Improved Outcomes
OrthoNOW is the only national network of orthopedic care centers of its kind revolutionizing the way expert orthopedic healthcare is delivered… And now you have an opportunity to be a part of it…
Our strategy is simple.
Our business model is strong.
Our goal is clear.
- Site Planning and Finish Package Options
- Pre-Opening Buildout Planning and Management
- An Exclusive Territory Surrounding Your OrthoNOW Center
- The Official Guide of OrthoNOW
- Operations Manual
- Policies and Procedures Manual
- The OrthoNOW Brand Book and Style Guide
- Comprehensive Digital Marketing Tools and Systems
- Branded Marketing/Advertising Products and Services
- Development and Customization of Marketing Materials
- Strategies, Monthly Plans and Campaign Development
- Access to all intellectual property
- Business Structuring Consultation
- Staffing and Remuneration Models
- Medical Billing & Management Solutions
- Provider Credentialing and Payor Contracting Expertise
- Five Day In-Classroom Operations and Marketing Training for Initial Staff
- Two-Day On-Site Operations and Customer Service Training
- Monthly Videoconferences to Monitor the Growth and Data Analysis
- Training, Coaching and Support
- OrthoNOW.net Extranet
- On My Way NOW App
- OrthoNOW Integrated Analytics
- Thought Leadership Infused Marketing Automation Systems
- OrthoNOW LIVE TeleHealth
- OrthoNourish Nutritional Supplements
- OrthoNOW Branded Bracing and DME
- OrthoNaturals CBD Products
- OrthoBiologics Stem Cell/PRP Therapies
- OrthoNOW Corporate Wellness Program
- OrthoNOWstore.com for Branded Merchandise
- Integrated Practice Management System
- Supplier Vetting and Negotiations for Reduced Pricing
- Buying Power
- Custom Website Development and Maintenance
- Online Intranet Resource Center
- OrthoNOW App Development and Maintenance
- Social Media Command Center and Support
- OrthoNOW LIVE TeleHealth
- Thought Leadership Infused Integrated Marketing Automation Technology
- Data Services and Dashboards
- Center Management and Daily Operations
- Administrative Back Office
- Public Relations Support
- Local and National Brand Awareness
- Defense of the Trademark
- Pre-Authorized Suppliers for Consistency
- Recession Proof and Technology Resistant
- Proven Business System
- Experienced Leadership Team
- Clear Competitive Advantage in Fragmented Market
- Predictable, Reliable, Stable Business Model
- Proven, Customizable Marketing Systems
- Growth Opportunities and Scalability
- Multiple and Residual Income Streams
- Enhanced Customer Lifetime Value
- State of the Art Proprietary Technology
- National Purchasing Programs
- Lifestyle Business
- An Opportunity to Give Back to your Community
Average investment ranges between $440,000 to $1,200,000 after additional expenses are considered including six months of operating capital. This range may of course vary based on unknowns such as number of units, desired location, leveraging current resources, services offered at start-up, etc.
- Initial fee
- Travel expenses for training
- Utility fees, real estate costs, and utility deposits
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Furniture, office décor, and signage
- Construction of leasehold improvements
- Office supplies
- Grand opening and pre-opening advertising
- Licenses, permits, insurances
- Professional Services Fees
- Six months of funds for business expenses
Ongoing Service Fees
Based on desired level of ongoing support mutually agreed upon in advance, we will together construct a reasonable, scalable fee structure where both parties are able to realize a financial gain. Some call it a win/win. We look at it as a “business partnership” – and one we all should want to last.
Alejandro Badia, MD, FACS is an internationally renowned hand and upper extremity surgeon at Badia Hand to Shoulder Center in Doral, Florida. Dr. Badia graduated from Cornell University and completed his medical degree at NYU. He served as the worldwide president of ISSPORTH and co-founded the globally recognized Miami Anatomical Research and Training Center (M.A.R.C.) and The Surgery Center at Doral, an elite state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center.
After years of a successful medical career and a prestigious speaking legacy, he saw a need for specialized orthopedic urgent care centers to efficiently assess and treat a range of orthopedic and sports injuries and founded OrthoNOW®, the only network of orthopedic urgent care centers in the country. Each OrthoNOW® has a team of orthopedic specialists on staff that treat broken bones, sprains, torn ligaments and muscles, cuts, sports and worker’s compensation injuries.
Dr. Badia, a two-time South Florida Business Journal Top 100 Power Leaders in Healthcare and a Top 100 Under 50 Diverse Executive Leader by Diversity MBA Magazine, has also been honored with Legacy Awards from Today’s Work Comp Professionals and The Doral Business Council. OrthoNOW® was named a “Top Ten Franchise Opportunity” in healthcare by Entrepreneur Magazine and featured in the following media: Franchise Times, Orthopedics This Week, South Florida Business Journal, Franchise USA Magazine and The Miami Herald.
A veteran healthcare and medical device industry executive, Mr. Nick Mendez has an entrepreneurial orientation and purpose-driven focus that has propelled enterprise value, earnings and client base for companies within the healthcare and medical industry landscape.
Mr. Mendez has an extensive track record building intrinsic value through opportunity, purpose and leadership on a global level. He has served as President and CEO of Enovate Medical, a manufacturer of IT equipment for the healthcare industry based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He also served in leadership roles for Gambro AB, now part of Baxter, including President of both Gambro Americas and Gambro Global Acute Business, led the efforts as Vice President–OM Specialties of Owens & Minor, a Richmond, Virginia-based healthcare logistics company, and was a Managing Partner at Aim Partners, a Nashville-based management firm assisting client companies on strategy, organizational effectiveness and leadership development.
Justin holds a B.A. in Economics from Cornell University, where he was a 4-year varsity baseball scholar-athlete, and a M.B.A. from The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania, where he was a Joseph Wharton Fellow. In addition, he has earned the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation, the most respected and recognized investment designation in the world. Justin has more than 13 years of experience acting as a trusted advisor and interim executive for a wide range of companies. His diverse business experience has led him to advise for boards of directors and senior management teams in the education, information, digital real estate, medical, and technology industries. Justin started his career on Wall Street with the Education and Information Group at Scott-Macon, Ltd. As the Vice President of Scott-Macon, he was responsible for sourcing and executing transactions in the $50 – $300 million range. Justin joined OrthoNOW® in 2010 and started the Franchise with Dr. Alejandro Badia in 2012. In addition to his role as Co-Founder &CFO, he serves as the Director of Operations of OrthoNOW® Doral.
Justin remains active with his alma mater and serves as a volunteer mentor to incoming freshman as part of the university’s Alumni-Student mentoring program and as a university interviewer for South Florida applicants to the university. Justin was recently named a Top 40 Under 40 by South Florida Business Journal for his contributions to the South Florida community as the CFO and Co-Founder of OrthoNOW®, the nation’s only network of orthopedic urgent care centers, and for his work in developing and activating a business model that changes how South Floridians access expert orthopedic care on-demand and at a cost-effective rate.
Christine has over 25 years of quantifiable executive management and franchise related leadership experience within the US and internationally with notable franchise startups in the service, technology, retail, food, health and wellness, financial service, medical care, technology and professional services. As a Senior Franchise Executive and Entrepreneur, Ms. Dura has been both an individual contributor and has successfully led world-class teams.
Ms. Dura excels at partnering with all core business operations to significantly increase the company’s footprint, expand market share, and generate sustainable revenue and EBIT gains. Her proven successes, combined with her Master’s Degree in Training and Development, have shaped Ms. Dura’s uncanny ability to identify opportunities, build mutually rewarding partnerships and produce remarkable results.
In addition, as a four-time Master and Unit Franchise Owner, Ms. Dura is in a very unique position to leverage her experiences and reputation at all levels in franchising along with her vast personal and professional investor network to drive immediate and long-term results. As OrthoNOW’s Chief Development Officer her role is to identify critical gaps in franchise growth and implement strategies to drive results. Her unique background allows her to leverage past experiences and solid reputation to spearhead OrthoNOW’s national expansion plans.
Thelma Cela serves as the Director of Clinical Operations for OrthoNOW®, a network of specialized urgent care centers focused on sports medicine and the treatment and prevention of the full range of orthopedic injuries, all on a walk-in basis. Thelma is responsible for all franchise clinical matters. She sets the direction of clinical policies and procedures, monitors healthcare policy changes and provides the executive franchisor team with data analysis and reporting for all sites.
Prior to joining OrthoNOW®, Thelma held a senior position with Leon Medical Centers; a private healthcare company operating comprehensive medical centers. There she launched a new business line addressing the health and wellness of an aging population and oversaw the development of the organization’s Healthy Living Centers, a first of its kind facility in the Florida market. Prior, Thelma served as Senior Program Director for the Diabetes Treatment Center and Director of the Surgical Weight Loss Program at Mercy Hospital. There, she enhanced service lines by building community awareness and improving clinical outcomes while simultaneously building volume growth and maintaining ongoing physician support. During her tenure, she also negotiated the transition of the business relationship from a contracted vendor working for a publicly held company based in Nashville to a hospital-based department. She then continued to be the lead negotiator for subsequent agreements between the companies.
Thelma began her career as a Case Manager for the Epilepsy Foundation and has since served on the board of directors of the Multiple Sclerosis News and Views and the healthcare business council of the South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. She holds a degree in Psychology from the University of Miami and is a graduate of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Class XV.
Mr. Rylander is a veteran entrepreneur, small business owner, and marketer. He has more than 20 years of experience in marketing, management, product development, engineering, business development, market research and consulting, his experience includes tenures at GE and The Coca-Cola Company, prior to the successful launch of a small chain of Italian restaurants. He holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from Georgia Tech.
Mr. Rylander served on the Board of Directors for the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association and has contributed via multiple local and regional board positions for various nonprofit organizations. In 2010, the National Restaurant Association recognized Mr. Rylander with the state’s Restaurant Neighbor Award for his philanthropic efforts. In 2015, his “NOWyouknow” campaign received awards for “Best Point of Care Program” and “Best Healthcare Facility Campaign” from Multicultural Health National.
Susana Badia Rylander is Treasurer of OrthoNOW, LLC. As a graduate of Rutgers School of Business, Rutgers University, Ms. Rylander also serves as Executive and Personal Assistant to OrthoNOW Founder and CEO, Dr. Alejandro Badia. With her background as an Investment Counselor for Wachovia Investments, she brings big picture knowledge of financial issues as well as a sense of customer service. Ms. Rylander directed the Miami Hand Course during its duration of 9 years; an arthroscopy and arthroplasty course that she and Dr. Badia founded to bring together hand surgeons from around the world to practice, learn and fellow together. The course contained didactic and cadaveric components.
We designed a Discovery Process focused on the timely exchange of information and open, honest dialogue. If you like what you’ve seen so far and are interested in learning more, contact us to arrange an initial exploratory call.