Orthopedic Healthcare Industry
Orthopedic Healthcare Industry
Orthopedic Patient Visits
The OrthoNOW Business Model
- Traditional Urgent Care Clinic Hours
- No Wait Times, No Appointments and No Referrals Needed
- X-Rays and Imaging Services Available On Site
- No More Having to Endure Multiple Visits
- Patients Leave Fully Treated in Under an Hour
- Treated by On Site Orthopedic Clinician
- Efficient, Cost-Effective, and Improved Outcomes
OrthoNOW: A Breakthrough Business Opportunity Transforming Orthopedic Healthcare Delivery
It is no secret that America is suffering under a broken healthcare system. Those who seize the opportunity to provide efficient, expert, and affordable healthcare solutions stand to reap the highest rewards.
OrthoNOW is the only national network of orthopedic care centers of its kind revolutionizing the way expert orthopedic healthcare is delivered… And now you have an opportunity to be a part of it…
OrthoNOW… Defining the Future of Expert Orthopedic Healthcare Delivery NOW
Our strategy is simple.
Our business model is strong.
Our goal is clear.
Here’s Just a PREVIEW of What the OrthoNOW Business Opportunity Includes:
Best in Class Site Design and Exclusive Territory
- Site Planning and Finish Package Options
- Pre-Opening Buildout Planning and Management
- An Exclusive Territory Surrounding Your OrthoNOW Center
Policy & Procedures Manuals
- The Official Guide of OrthoNOW
- Operations Manual
- Policies and Procedures Manual
- The OrthoNOW Brand Book and Style Guide
Proven Marketing Systems
- Comprehensive Digital Marketing Tools and Systems
- Branded Marketing/Advertising Products and Services
- Development and Customization of Marketing Materials
- Strategies, Monthly Plans and Campaign Development
- Access to all intellectual property
Operating Your OrthoNOW Center
- Business Structuring Consultation
- Staffing and Remuneration Models
- Medical Billing & Management Solutions
- Provider Credentialing and Payor Contracting Expertise
OrthoNOW Training and Support
- Five Day In-Classroom Operations and Marketing Training for Initial Staff
- Two-Day On-Site Operations and Customer Service Training
- Monthly Videoconferences to Monitor the Growth and Data Analysis
- Training, Coaching and Support
- OrthoNOW.net Extranet
OrthoNOW Proprietary Technologies
- On My Way NOW App
- OrthoNOW Integrated Analytics
- Thought Leadership Infused Marketing Automation Systems
OrthoNOW Branded Products and Services
- OrthoNOW LIVE TeleHealth
- OrthoNourish Nutritional Supplements
- OrthoNOW Branded Bracing and DME
- OrthoNaturals CBD Products
- OrthoBiologics Stem Cell/PRP Therapies
- OrthoNOW Corporate Wellness Program
- OrthoNOWstore.com for Branded Merchandise
Preferred Relationships & Pricing
- Integrated Practice Management System
- Supplier Vetting and Negotiations for Reduced Pricing
- Buying Power
Website & Technological Advancements
- Custom Website Development and Maintenance
- Online Intranet Resource Center
- OrthoNOW App Development and Maintenance
- Social Media Command Center and Support
- OrthoNOW LIVE TeleHealth
- Thought Leadership Infused Integrated Marketing Automation Technology
- Data Services and Dashboards
Administrative Services Guides
- Center Management and Daily Operations
- Administrative Back Office
- Public Relations Support
- Local and National Brand Awareness
- Defense of the Trademark
- Pre-Authorized Suppliers for Consistency
Business Opportunity Quick Facts
- Recession Proof and Technology Resistant
- Proven Business System
- Experienced Leadership Team
- Clear Competitive Advantage in Fragmented Market
- Predictable, Reliable, Stable Business Model
- Proven, Customizable Marketing Systems
- Growth Opportunities and Scalability
- Multiple and Residual Income Streams
- Enhanced Customer Lifetime Value
- State of the Art Proprietary Technology
- National Purchasing Programs
- Lifestyle Business
- An Opportunity to Give Back to your Community
What Are the Initial Investment Requirements?
Average investment ranges between $440,000 to $1,200,000 after additional expenses are considered including six months of operating capital. This range may of course vary based on unknowns such as number of units, desired location, leveraging current resources, services offered at start-up, etc.
Included in estimate are:
- Initial fee
- Travel expenses for training
- Utility fees, real estate costs, and utility deposits
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Furniture, office décor, and signage
- Construction of leasehold improvements
- Office supplies
- Grand opening and pre-opening advertising
- Licenses, permits, insurances
- Professional Services Fees
- Six months of funds for business expenses
Ongoing Service Fees
Based on desired level of ongoing support mutually agreed upon in advance, we will together construct a reasonable, scalable fee structure where both parties are able to realize a financial gain. Some call it a win/win. We look at it as a “business partnership” – and one we all should want to last.
OrthoNOW Management Team
Dr. Alejandro Badia — Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer
Alejandro Badia, MD, FACS is an internationally renowned hand and upper extremity surgeon at Badia Hand to Shoulder Center in Doral, Florida. Dr. Badia graduated from Cornell University and completed his medical degree at NYU. He served as the worldwide president of ISSPORTH and co-founded the globally recognized Miami Anatomical Research and Training Center (M.A.R.C.) and The Surgery Center at Doral, an elite state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center.
After years of a successful medical career and a prestigious speaking legacy, he saw a need for specialized orthopedic urgent care centers to efficiently assess and treat a range of orthopedic and sports injuries and founded OrthoNOW®, the only network of orthopedic urgent care centers in the country. Each OrthoNOW® has a team of orthopedic specialists on staff that treat broken bones, sprains, torn ligaments and muscles, cuts, sports and worker’s compensation injuries.
Dr. Badia, a two-time South Florida Business Journal Top 100 Power Leaders in Healthcare and a Top 100 Under 50 Diverse Executive Leader by Diversity MBA Magazine, has also been honored with Legacy Awards from Today’s Work Comp Professionals and The Doral Business Council. OrthoNOW® was named a “Top Ten Franchise Opportunity” in healthcare by Entrepreneur Magazine and featured in the following media: Franchise Times, Orthopedics This Week, South Florida Business Journal, Franchise USA Magazine and The Miami Herald.
Justin Irizarry — Co-Founder and Chief Financial Officer
Justin holds a B.A. in Economics from Cornell University, where he was a 4-year varsity baseball scholar-athlete, and a M.B.A. from The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania, where he was a Joseph Wharton Fellow. In addition, he has earned the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation, the most respected and recognized investment designation in the world. Justin has more than 13 years of experience acting as a trusted advisor and interim executive for a wide range of companies. His diverse business experience has led him to advise for boards of directors and senior management teams in the education, information, digital real estate, medical, and technology industries. Justin started his career on Wall Street with the Education and Information Group at Scott-Macon, Ltd. As the Vice President of Scott-Macon, he was responsible for sourcing and executing transactions in the $50 – $300 million range. Justin joined OrthoNOW® in 2010 and started the Franchise with Dr. Alejandro Badia in 2012. In addition to his role as Co-Founder &CFO, he serves as the Director of Operations of OrthoNOW® Doral.
Justin remains active with his alma mater and serves as a volunteer mentor to incoming freshman as part of the university’s Alumni-Student mentoring program and as a university interviewer for South Florida applicants to the university. Justin was recently named a Top 40 Under 40 by South Florida Business Journal for his contributions to the South Florida community as the CFO and Co-Founder of OrthoNOW®, the nation’s only network of orthopedic urgent care centers, and for his work in developing and activating a business model that changes how South Floridians access expert orthopedic care on-demand and at a cost-effective rate.
Thelma Cela – Vice President of Clinical Operations
Thelma Cela serves as the Director of Clinical Operations for OrthoNOW®, a network of specialized urgent care centers focused on sports medicine and the treatment and prevention of the full range of orthopedic injuries, all on a walk-in basis. Thelma is responsible for all franchise clinical matters. She sets the direction of clinical policies and procedures, monitors healthcare policy changes and provides the executive franchisor team with data analysis and reporting for all sites.
Prior to joining OrthoNOW®, Thelma held a senior position with Leon Medical Centers; a private healthcare company operating comprehensive medical centers. There she launched a new business line addressing the health and wellness of an aging population and oversaw the development of the organization’s Healthy Living Centers, a first of its kind facility in the Florida market. Prior, Thelma served as Senior Program Director for the Diabetes Treatment Center and Director of the Surgical Weight Loss Program at Mercy Hospital. There, she enhanced service lines by building community awareness and improving clinical outcomes while simultaneously building volume growth and maintaining ongoing physician support. During her tenure, she also negotiated the transition of the business relationship from a contracted vendor working for a publicly held company based in Nashville to a hospital-based department. She then continued to be the lead negotiator for subsequent agreements between the companies.
Thelma began her career as a Case Manager for the Epilepsy Foundation and has since served on the board of directors of the Multiple Sclerosis News and Views and the healthcare business council of the South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. She holds a degree in Psychology from the University of Miami and is a graduate of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Class XV.
Eric Rylander — VP of Operations
Mr. Rylander is a veteran entrepreneur, small business owner, and marketer. He has more than 20 years of experience in marketing, management, product development, engineering, business development, market research and consulting, his experience includes tenures at GE and The Coca-Cola Company, prior to the successful launch of a small chain of Italian restaurants. He holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from Georgia Tech.
Mr. Rylander served on the Board of Directors for the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association and has contributed via multiple local and regional board positions for various nonprofit organizations. In 2010, the National Restaurant Association recognized Mr. Rylander with the state’s Restaurant Neighbor Award for his philanthropic efforts. In 2015, his “NOWyouknow” campaign received awards for “Best Point of Care Program” and “Best Healthcare Facility Campaign” from Multicultural Health National.
Susana Badia Rylander — Treasurer
Susana Badia Rylander is Treasurer of OrthoNOW, LLC. As a graduate of Rutgers School of Business, Rutgers University, Ms. Rylander also serves as Executive and Personal Assistant to OrthoNOW Founder and CEO, Dr. Alejandro Badia. With her background as an Investment Counselor for Wachovia Investments, she brings big picture knowledge of financial issues as well as a sense of customer service. Ms. Rylander directed the Miami Hand Course during its duration of 9 years; an arthroscopy and arthroplasty course that she and Dr. Badia founded to bring together hand surgeons from around the world to practice, learn and fellow together. The course contained didactic and cadaveric components.
We designed a Discovery Process focused on the timely exchange of information and open, honest dialogue. If you like what you’ve seen so far and are interested in learning more, contact us to arrange an initial exploratory call.
(800) 951-3141 Toll Free