It is important to make sure your children are prepared for going back to school. That includes taking preventive measures for pediatric orthopedic health.
Here are some Orthopedic Care Tips:
- Choose a lightweight backpack – If the backpack is too heavy or is worn incorrectly it might cause problems for children and teenagers like injured muscles and joints and sometimes leading into severe back, neck, and shoulder pain, as well as posture problems. Loaded backpacks should weigh 10% or less of the child’s total body weight.
- Schedule back-to-school physicals – Your well-child orthopedic visit is an important part of your child’s path to overall orthopedic health.
- Stay safe during sports activities – Be sure to perform warm-up stretches, don’t forget to cool down stretches and stay hydrated throughout the day.
Remember if you need orthopedic help, OrthoNOW is here for you!
- Download our Mobile App and tell us you are On My Way NOW.
- Expert Care when YOU need it.
- In and out in less than an hour.
At OrthoNOW, we’re committed to providing you with the information you need in order to make informed decisions about your health. We’re here to support you in achieving and maintaining a healthy body and mind. Our orthopedic specialists are ready to help you lower the risk of orthopedic injuries so that you can have a better quality of life.