Our Biscayne office is open and we’re seeing patients in teleorthopedic appointments while continuing to monitor guidelines from the CDC.
As healthcare professionals, we already have many protocols in place to protect those that visit our practice. Still, we are taking additional proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff while following all government recommendations and regulations regarding COVID-19.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe when you visit an office location:
- All employees are wearing a mask at all times while at work.
- We require patients wear a mask or face covering at the time of your visit, for your safety as well as for the safety of fellow-patients and our staff. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you.
- We routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as waiting room furniture, countertops, pens, desks and keyboards, door handles, phones, light switches, faucets, etc.
- After each patient encounter, we are disinfecting exam rooms: exam tables and chairs, etc.
- We wash our hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol.
- All employees and patients observe the 6-foot “social distancing” recommendation.
- Patients should come alone unless they are a minor or need assistance with their appointment (i.e. have limited mobility, have hearing loss, etc.). For those patients needing a companion, only one person should accompany them.
- All employees and patients/visitors are screened upon initial entry into the office. This includes a temperature check and screening questionnaire.
- All employees and patients with COVID-19 related symptoms must remain home. If a patient is experiencing symptoms, we are happy to offer a telehealth visit or to reschedule the in-office appointment to a later date.
- We meet to continually evaluate workflow, protocols and best practices.
- We continue to monitor guidelines from the CDC and adjust protocols as needed.
We’ll continue to monitor guidelines from the CDC and adjust protocols as needed.
On behalf of the entire OrthoNOW team, we’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for honoring us with your trust during this most challenging time. We’re privileged to be involved in your care.