OrthoNOW Is Leading the Way in Orthopedic Clinician Digital Communication to Provide Patient Care
On My Way NOW® App Newest Features :
- OrthoChat™ is our new module for clinician collaboration on a patient case! All clinicians at OrthoNOW (clinic and rehab) and Badia Hand to Shoulder Center will use this feature to consult with subspecialists and surgical coordinators. Additionally, approved subspecialists in our network will use it. This feature, developed entirely by OrthoNOW, provides a HIPAA compliant platform for immediate consults on difficult cases. Clinicians can text and share patient images and x-rays with each other. Patients will not have access to this feature. (We will no longer use SirenMD, effective immediately.)
- Patient Registration is now available from within our mobile app. Patients should download the app and tap on Patient Forms to submit forms to to OrthoNOW.
- Products can now be purchased from within the app. This handy feature allows patients to browse for and purchase OrthoNourish and OrthoNaturals products right from within our app.
DOWNLOAD the On My Way NOW™ App NOW
According to OrthoNOW Founder and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Alejandro Badia the App offers orthopedic patients more convenience and efficiency
OrthoNOW Founder and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Alejandro Badia is proud that the new app is receiving attention, and more importantly, that it is working well to offer patients a more convenient and efficient tool for seeing and being treated by an orthopedic expert.
The new app has been particularly useful due to the COVID-19 pandemic (Read: COVID-19 Policy & Procedures), where healthcare technology has become an essential tool for providing information and care.
According to Rylander, “we know that technology and telehealth methods cannot replace traditional in-person examinations. However, our digital suite is a critical component of our mission to improve access to orthopedic specialists. The app helps consumers and businesses communicate with a clinician or track progression of an orthopedic problem or specific injury.”
OrthoNOW, a network of orthopedic immediate care centers based in South Florida has won another award for its mobile app. “We are thrilled that our new app has been acknowledged by the Health Information Resource Center,” noted Eric Rylander, VP Operations at OrthoNOW.
OrthoNOW Wins The Digital Health Award for its Mobile App. The Digital Health Awards competition, in its 22nd year, is held two times a year. The program is organized by the Health Information Resource Center (HIRC), a national clearinghouse for professionals who work in consumer health fields. A panel of 30 judges at the 2020 Digital Health Awards selects the winners based on content, format, success and overall quality in reaching the targeted health audience. The goal of the Awards is to recognize best in class digital health resources for consumers and health professionals.
Version 3.0 of the app includes:
- On My Way NOW®, a way to select a clinic, order a car from Uber or Lyft, and alert the medical team that you’re on your way
- Referrals functionality which allows patients to be referred to an OrthoNOW clinic from primary care doctors, general urgent care centers, and even hospitals
- A live Link to OrthoNOWlive telemedicine for video visits
- Driving directions and location information, including hours of operation
- A way to take and store pictures of your injuries and share progress with clinicians
- More information about services, social media links, Q&As and more