Introducing OrthoChat® – OrthoNOWmobileapp.com
OrthoNOW Founder and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Alejandro Badia is proud that the new app is receiving attention, and more importantly, that it is working well to offer patients a more convenient and efficient tool for seeing and being treated by an orthopedic expert.
The new app has been particularly useful due to the COVID-19 pandemic (Read: COVID-19 Policy & Procedures), where healthcare technology has become an essential tool for providing information and care.
According to Rylander, “we know that technology and telehealth methods cannot replace traditional in-person examinations. However, our digital suite is a critical component of our mission to improve access to orthopedic specialists. The app helps consumers and businesses communicate with a clinician or track progression of an orthopedic problem or specific injury.”
OrthoNOW, a network of orthopedic immediate care centers based in South Florida has won another award for its mobile app. “We are thrilled that our new app has been acknowledged by the Health Information Resource Center,” noted Eric Rylander, VP Operations at OrthoNOW.
OrthoNOW Wins The Digital Health Award for its Mobile App. The Digital Health Awards competition, in its 22nd year, is held two times a year. The program is organized by the Health Information Resource Center (HIRC), a national clearinghouse for professionals who work in consumer health fields. A panel of 30 judges at the 2020 Digital Health Awards selects the winners based on content, format, success and overall quality in reaching the targeted health audience. The goal of the Awards is to recognize best in class digital health resources for consumers and health professionals.
Version 3.0 of the app includes:
- On My Way NOW®, a way to select a clinic, order a car from Uber or Lyft, and alert the medical team that you’re on your way
- Referrals functionality which allows patients to be referred to an OrthoNOW clinic from primary care doctors, general urgent care centers, and even hospitals
- A live Link to OrthoNOWlive telemedicine for video visits
- Driving directions and location information, including hours of operation
- A way to take and store pictures of your injuries and share progress with clinicians
- More information about services, social media links, Q&As and more