As featured in:
Share on social media:
“It’s not practice that makes the difference – it’s perfect practice that does.” – Justin Irizarry
Justin Irizarry, CFO of OrthoNow is NOT the stereotypical CFO. His innovative ability to start the nation’s only franchised orthopedic urgent care center is supported by his belief that employees are the biggest asset on the balance sheet.
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviews this dynamic entrepreneur, who started as an investment banker on Wall Street and was recently named CFO of the Year and 40 under 40 by the South Florida Business Journal. A Wharton MBA, he partnered with Dr. Alejandro Badia to create the OrthoNOW business model. The concept achieves the industry’s quadruple aim – lower cost, better outcomes, improved patient experiences and enhanced provider outcomes in the 42 billion dollar orthopedic care industry.
Podcast Topics Include:
- How OrthoNow came to fruition
- Taking an idea to concept testing to franchise model
- Breaking the status quo in the patient care business model
- Taking advantage of market demand to change behavior for patient care
- Disrupting an industry where consumers aren’t the ones paying the for services rendered and providers don’t know what they’re getting paid for those services
- Creating good will that leads to referrals in an industry where a high percentage of customers don’t pay.
- Attracting top talent by being interesting instead of hiring just to fill a position
- Creating a fun culture that impacts patients AND employees
- Raw vs Emotional Intelligence
More About Justin Irizarry
OrthoNOW® is a network of specialized upscale urgent care centers focused on treating the full range of orthopaedic and sports medicine injuries on a walk-in basis. These injuries include fractures, sprains, concussions, open wounds, dislocations, and lacerations.
OrthoNOW® offers patients a differentiated service that traditional hospital emergency rooms and general urgent care centers do not: An upscale facility that provides walk-in, expert orthopedic care delivered by board-certified orthopedic physicians. OrthoNOW® Centers are fully integrated facilities, and depending on location, provide on-site digital x-ray and MRI services, and accept all forms of insurance.
They also have partnered with UBER to include the On My Way feature in an app that allows people to find the nearest center, provide photos and descriptions of their injuries, a time of arrival and the ability to summon UBER to transport them if needed.
OrthoNOW® is the first and only orthopedic franchise in the nation.
Share on social media: